Don’t you love it when you can pull together a healthy, but yummy meal for your family?
I know it makes me good serving my family a meal with fresh and healthy ingredients. It’s not always easy to pull off since we have a few picky eaters in our household, including myself on occasion.
One of the things my family loves most is burrito night. Burrito’s are so easy to throw together on a busy day and since most of my days are busy, this is a go-to meal that we have often.
Since I had some Foster Farms Simply Raised fresh chicken tenders I thought it would be great to grill them up and do an easy healthy burrito bar for my family.
Right now Foster Farms is all about The New Comfort Food, quick and easy recipes made with local fresh ingredients! Burritos have always been a comfort food in our home and they are so easy to make with healthy, fresh ingredients.
DIY Healthy Chicken Burrito Bar
If you are having a large family get together or if you just have a large family to feed this meal is super easy and quick to throw together. It’s a great healthy meal that everyone will be sure to love.
After a long day chasing my toddler around the house it really helps that the majority of this meal is DIY. Let everyone serve themselves, burrito bar style!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 3 cups brown rice cooked (I used instant brown rice!)
- 1 lb Chicken Tenders (We used Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken Tenders)
- 1 can pinto beans drained
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can of whole kernel corn drained
- Burrito size whole wheat tortillas
- Avocado Slices
Here’s What To Do:
- Season the chicken tenders lightly with salt & pepper
- Grill chicken tenders for about 2 1/2 minutes for each side on a preheated grill or grill pan
- Chop up chicken tenders on a cutting board
- On a serving dish, lay out toppings for burrito. We used chicken, corn, black beans, pinto beans, and avocado slices.
- Place cooked brown rice and salsa in serving bowls
- Place warm tortillas on a plate or in a tortilla warmer for serving
- Each dinner guest can assemble their burrito’s with the toppings they want!
What is your favorite healthy family dinner? Did you try the DIY Chicken Burrito Bar? What did you think? I would love to hear from you in the comments below!