This post is sponsored by Charles Viancin & Le Creuset. All content is my own.
Sweet potatoes have always been one of my favorite holiday side dishes. I just couldn’t wait for Thanksgiving this week and had to try out a new sweet potato recipe!
I thought it would be fun to make a simple side dish to go with the pork tenderloin we were having for the evening.
Scalloped Sweet Potatoes
If you like scalloped potatoes and sweet potatoes then these will be a to die for dish for you!
I used white sweet potatoes which before I made this didn’t even know existed. It was a huge surprise to me when I peeled my sweet potatoes and they were white. I did a quick search to make sure they were sweet potatoes.
Now I am hooked on white sweet potatoes and recommend using them for this dish!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 4-5 medium sweet potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream (I just used a small carton)
- 3 Tbs. Butter
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt & Pepper
Here’s What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Melt your butter in a large skillet
- Add onion slices and cook until they are a light brown, stirring frequently
- Stir in your cream, nutmeg, thyme, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a low boil
- In a 1 4/5 Qt. Baking dish evenly layer your sweet potatoes and cream mixture alternately until all are used
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle parmesan in the last 10 minutes.
(Adapted from a recipe in Paula Deen Magazine)
Time for a Giveaway
This giveaway is open to residents of the US 18+
What’s your favorite holiday side dish? I would love to hear from you in the comments below!