Traveling with a toddler is an adventure all on its own. Is your toddler gaining their independence? Mine is! Juliana is only 22 months old, but we are already feeling those terrible two’s.
When we travel with her it can be very unpredictable. We have to leave prepared because we don’t know when that next toddler tantrum will come. It helps to keep her busy and happy so we can avoid those meltdowns.
Disclaimer: Compensation was provided by Quidsi for this blog post. All content is my own.
10 Toddler Travel Essentials
Today I’ve partnered with Diapers.com to share with you some of the things we use to keep our toddler happy during our travels!
- Healthy Snacks – We absolutely love Annie’s fruit snacks! They are organic and bunny shaped, which Juliana loves. We have a pet rabbit, so she gets excited to see the rabbit shapes.
- Reusable Stickers– Melissa & Doug make the cutest reusable stickers for boys and girls. Juliana loves the mermaid and princess ones. We recently pulled these out during a day at the bowling alley and they kept her entertained for a good hour!
- Fun Sippy Cup– I love getting fun sippy cups for my kids. It’s even better for me if they don’t spill. Who has time for spills when traveling? Recently I’ve loved Munchkin’s 360 cups because they are spill proof and come in very cute designs.
- Snack Cup– Snack cups are great to have on hand too. Again no spills to clean up while traveling! You can put some Annie’s fruit snacks or crackers in them and not worry about a toddler mess.
- Good Books– Don’t forget to pack some good board books for your trip! It’s been so wonderful since we have an 8 year old son and he loves to read to his sister in the back seat of the car. Sometimes we will put a little basket in the middle seat with books for them to look at on the road. Dear Zoo is one of Juliana’s favorites right now!
- Felt Activity Pad– Felt activity pads are great for keeping toddler’s entertained. You don’t have to worry about the stickiness of stickers getting on the car window if you can’t supervise. They can reuse the felt shapes for another hour of entertainment.
- Window Shade– It helps our toddler to nap longer in the car if we have a car shade up. A toddler nap on a road trip means a better mood for her and more fun times for everyone.
- No Mess Markers– Have you tried Color Wonder Crayola markers? They are amazing because they don’t color on anything but the special Color Wonder paper. You can give them to your toddler in the car, plane, or out and about and not have to worry about the mess that regular markers would bring.
- Comfy Clothes– I like to dress my toddler in comfy clothes while we are traveling. Something that is easily changed if it gets dirty and that she can nap in comfortably in her car seat.
- First Aid Kit– Don’t be caught off guard with ouchies on the road! If your kids are anything like mine any minor scrape or bruise is cry worthy. There is no worse thing than to have a scrape in the middle of nowhere and no first aid kit to treat it.
- Bonus- Non-Scented Wipes– When we are traveling my toddler always gets messy. Usually it’s a messy face when we stop to eat or if her brother sneaks her a messy snack. I love bringing Water Wipes because they are non-scented and gentle for her sensitive skin. They are especially great for cleaning up her face!
You can find all of these toddler travel must haves in one spot on Diapers.com! I like to spend at least $49 every time I shop so I can get my items delivered to my doorstep in 1-2 days. With this last order it came the next day, amazing!
Not only do they have a great selection of toddler gear, they also have things for baby, home, and nursery. They offer great savings on diapers and wipes, which we have ordered in bulk from them before. With the fast shipping it’s great if you are sick or too busy to make it to the store.
How do you keep your toddler entertained while traveling? Do you have any fun family trips planned? I would love to hear from you in the comments below!