Disclosure: This post is sponsored by General Mills. All opinions and writing in this post are my own.
April 30th is Dia De Los Ninos, a celebration of children! Isn’t it great that there is a day set aside just to celebrate children? Mine bring so much joy into my life as a stay at home mom. Getting to watch my children play, learn, grow, and thrive makes me so happy.
One of my favorite things to do with my kids is cooking with them and baking them special treats to have when after school or whenever.
I remember baking things with my grandma when I was a kid and into my teen years. She taught me to love cooking and gave me memories to hold close to my heart forever. Sometimes she would pick me up from school and have a special baked up waiting just for my sister and I.
Cocoa Puff Dirt Cups!
I always try to create special memories for my children like the ones I had with my grandmother. Getting them in the kitchen is always fun, but I love surprising them with snacks too.
This week we made our own creation, Cocoa Puff dirt cups. Right now General Mills has huge family sizes of their Cocoa Puffs, which is a bargain at Walmart. My son loves Cocoa Puffs and gummy worms so I thought this would be a great treat we could make all our own!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Two small 5.1 oz boxes of chocolate instant pudding
- Milk (For Instant Pudding Mix)
- One Family Size Box of Cocoa Puffs (So easy to find at a low price in the cereal aisle at Walmart!)
- 1 Small Container of Whipped Cream
- Gummi Worms
- 10 Clear Small Plastic Cups
- Prepare Instant Pudding according to directions on the box.
- Mix whipped cream into half of the chocolate pudding to create a lighter brown layer.
- Blend or crush 1 cup of Cocoa Puffs.
- Put a spoonful of pudding at the bottom of a cup.
- Layer a small handful of Cocoa Puffs on top of the chocolate pudding.
- Layer a spoonful of the whipped cream mix on top of the Cocoa Puffs.
- Sprinkle the crushed Cocoa Puffs on top for the dirt.
- Add some gummy worms on top.
*This will make about 10 servings. To get the most crunch out of the Cocoa Puffs, prepare right before serving.
This is such an easy dessert to make and fun for the kids! I was easily able to find all of the ingredients I needed at Walmart and found our giant family size box of Cocoa Puffs easily in the cereal aisle.
Jonas loved our new recipe and has already asked me to make it again. The best part of creating it was the memories we shared and of course the taste test!
Are You Looking for Recipes To Make With Your Kids?
If you are looking to make recipes with your kids or get some inspiration Que Rica Vida has great kid friendly recipe ideas to make for Dia De Los Ninos or just because.
Do you love cooking in the kitchen with your kids? What is your favorite snack/recipe to make together? Are you celebrating Dia De Los Ninos this year? I would love to hear from you in the comments below!
Here are some other posts you might like!