Do you have family visiting during the holidays?
I’m so excited for the quality family time we will get for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
One of the best parts of the holidays for me is sitting around chatting with relatives and baking yummy food!
If you have a houseful of guests coming I’m sure you are trying to plan how to feed them all!
Thanksgiving dinner is usually easier for me because everyone is pitching in with the cooking and bringing dishes.
But, what about breakfast?
Quiche is a perfect holiday time breakfast and feeds a lot of people.
You can easily double the recipe, which is easy enough to follow and throw together.
Plus, the leftovers taste great!
Extra Cheesy Breakfast Quiche
I’m so excited to share with you my Extra Cheesy Breakfast Quiche Recipe!
This is kind of like a breakfast scramble in a pie.
It goes great on it’s own or topped with some salsa for a little extra spice.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 2 tbs. butter
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups of grated cheddar cheese *I like a lot of cheese!
- 1 cup diced Simply Potatoes
Here’s What to do
- Prepare your pie pan with pie crust
- Saute your onions in butter until golden brown
- Cook bacon until crispy, then chop
- Mix together eggs and heavy cream at medium speed
- stir in onions, bacon, cheese, and potatoes
- Pour mixture into pie pan
- Cover your pie pan with foil
- Bake on a cookie sheet at 400 degrees for 40-45 minutes
- Let it set for 10 minutes. If it appears wiggly in the middle it will set during this time.
This quiche is so yummy! Remember to double the recipe if you have family coming and need more.
Simply Potatoes Giveaway
To enter comment below with how you would use Simply Potatoes for breakfast or in a recipe.
This giveaway is open to residents of the US 18+. A winner will be announced on 12/6/17!
Congrats to our winner Michelle H! Thanks to all who entered!
What yummy things are you cooking up for the holidays this year? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!