This post is sponsored by the Los Angeles Zoo. Thank you for hosting us at the LA Zoo Spring Fling!
This year the LA Zoo is extending their Spring Fling celebration for 5 whole weeks.
So, your family will have extra time to get in on all the egg-citing fun!
Spring Fling is the perfect time to visit the Los Angeles Zoo if you are local or coming from out of town. The weather is great during the spring and there are lots of fun activities for families with kids of all ages.
What is Spring Fling at the Los Angeles Zoo?
The Los Angeles Zoo Spring Fling is a 5 week event at the zoo full of spring themed entertainment and activities for families and kids.
Most of the activities during spring fling are fun and educational. Your kids will learn about spring plants, animals, birds, bees, and butterflies. There are also lots of activities that teach them about being eco-friendly!
What entertainment is at the Los Angeles Zoo Spring Fling?
- See the Pollination Celebration acrobat show at 1 and 3 p.m. Daily. Your little ones will love this show with fun music, colorful characters, and acrobats doing amazing tricks.
- Green-screen photo booth experience from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Get a cute spring photo with your family and a backdrop of lemurs or butterflies in the green-screen photo booth!
- Check your zoo schedule when you arrive for special animal feedings and sustainable living demonstrations.
- Watch the World of Birds Show at 12 and 2:30 p.m. (except Tuesdays). This show is now starring critically endangered California Condor Hope.
- Little ones will love the Animals & You presentations featuring bunnies and other furry critters at 10:45 and 11:45 a.m. (with an extra show at 12:45 p.m. on weekends)
- Take a self-guided tour of the beautiful Bird Gardens to see plants and interesting birds.
- Find fun spring themed photo ops and backdrops throughout the zoo!
What activities are there at the LA Zoo Spring Fling?
- The Earth Expo has lots of activities for kids provided by several community and conservation organizations.
- Look for the Planting for Pollinators and Bee & Butterfly crafts where your kids can plant seeds and make their own bee or butterfly!
- Native wildflower seeds will be available for your family (while supplies last)
- Watch your kids decorate the zoo sidewalk with a Chalk art educational activity
- Don’t miss a special Honey Tasting from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (for an additional fee). Here you can taste several different types of honey and will be able to purchase honey sticks, which are great to snack on while at the zoo!
When is Spring Fling at the Los Angeles Zoo?
Visit: March 23 to April 28, 2019
Time: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Don’t Miss Big Bunny Weekends: April 13–14 and April 19–21
[su_button url=”https://www.lazoo.org/springfling/” target=”blank” background=”#542c7a” size=”11″ wide=”yes” rel=”nofollow”]Purchase your tickets for the Los Angeles Zoo Spring Fling Online! [/su_button]
Tips for Visiting Spring Fling
- Plan ahead– Check the times of the shows and activities you want to do before your visit so you don’t miss out on any of the fun.
- Buy tickets online– The ticket line can get crowded during spring fling. Avoid long lines by purchasing your ticket online. You can print them or they can be scanned from your phone.
- Bring water and sunscreen- Even if it isn’t hot the LA Zoo can be very sunny. Keep your little ones hydrated and make sure to bring sunscreen.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes- The Los Angeles Zoo is very big and has a lot of hills. Plan to do a lot of walking and dress appropriately.
Read all of our Los Angeles Zoo tips for families.
Will you be visiting the LA Zoo during Spring Fling? What are you most excited to see? Tell me about it in the comments below!
Leave a Reply