Disclosure: This post was sponsored by SwimWays as part of an Ambassador Program for Influence Central. I received products to facilitate my review.
Are you enjoying summer with your toddler?
I am battling the heat and trying to keep my kids busy by taking them swimming at least a few days a week.
Juliana is 15 months now and we have been slowly introducing her to swimming. She was a bit hesitant at first, but we have found a lot of things to make toddler swimming fun for her.
Making Toddler Swimming Fun!
To get ready for our first summer swim we introduced Juliana to her SwimWays Spring Float. I showed it to her a couple of times and let her carry it around the house so she was comfortable with it when we went swimming.
I spent a little time wading with her in the pool before trying to put her in it. So, that way she was comfortable with the water.
Our SwimWays Spring Float is what really made our swimming experience fun!
She was able to relax more in her spring float and had fun touching and splashing the water.
It kept her up and out of the water, but she was still able to kick her legs underneath.
Here are some ways to make swimming fun for your toddler.
- Take your time introducing them to the water.
- A floating device like the SwimWays Spring Float will make your toddler feel more secure in the water.
- Let older children know not to splash or make waves near your toddler in the pool.
- Show your toddler how they can kick their legs under their float.
- Sing song, listen to music, and/or play games with your toddler in the pool to make it a fun experience.
- Check out more swimming tips at SwimWays!
You can find SwimWays Spring Float and other fun swimming gear at Toys R’ Us both in-store and online!
How are you introducing your baby/toddler to the pool this summer? How do you make swimming fun for them? I would love to hear from you in the comments below!
Here are some other posts you might like!