This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of PG&E. The opinions and text are all mine. Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.
Happy Earth Day! I’m so excited to be partnered with PG&E to share some amazing money saving tips for your next energy bill. These are also great tips to reduce your energy waste, which is perfectly fitting for Earth Day!
If you’re a budgeting mom the last thing you probably want to spend extra money on is your electricity bill. With the summer months quickly approaching, now is a great time to start thinking about ways we can decrease our energy bills and put those savings into other bills or family fun!
10 Amazing Money Saving Tips for PG&E Customers
One of the reasons I love being a PG&E customer is the awesome resources they provide to save money on your bill. Through your PG&E online account they really go above and beyond to make sure you understand your electricity bill and where you are using your electricity most in your home.
Here are some valuable tips to help you save on your next bill!
- Energy Usage – If you take a look at your PG&E account you will find a wealth of information to help you save on your bills.My personal favorite of these resources is energy usage. Click on Energy Usage Details to see a more detailed graph on where you are using your energy. It really helps to see a bar graph with which months you use more energy and how much gas vs. electricity you use.
- Energy Quiz- Take the Home Energy Checkup to see how you might be using your energy and things you can do to save. This is a really eye opening questionnaire and so easy!
- Save on New Appliances- Some appliances can suck a lot more energy than you might think. It’s so helpful to check PG&E’s appliance guide to see which appliances will save you the most money.
- Recurring Payments- As a busy mom I know, it’s easy to forget about bills. I love being able to set up recurring payments for most of my bills. It’s really easy to set up recurring payments on your PG&E online account, so you don’t fall behind on payments.
- Account Alerts- Like recurring payments, account alerts are really convenient to set up. Getting an email from PG&E when a bill is due or there have been changes to your account gives a little more peace of mind. PG&E also provides energy alerts called Bill Forecast Alerts– where you can set alerts if your bill gets close to a certain dollar amount. You can then try to reduce prior to the end of your billing cycle.
- Going Solar- Are you thinking about going solar? PG&E has lots of tips available to get you the most savings during your transition to solar power. What a great way to reduce impact on our environment too!
- Preparing for Outages- It’s always best to have a back up plan during times of no electricity. Keep up to date on outages right from your account, so you can be prepared! I personally count this as a money saving tip because having the supplies ahead of time means I don’t have to worry about unexpected expenses.
- Avoid PG&E Scams- Even though it’s really sad that we have to even worry about scams, they are out there and we should stay vigilant. PG&E provides information on scams that are currently going on and a way to report scams that you encounter. Staying informed on current scams could mean saving you tons of money and headache. Remember that PG&E employees will never demand money from you. If you ever feel you are being scammed hang up and call PG&E directly to see if there is a problem with your account.
- Get Seasonal Energy Saving Advice- There are different ways we can save energy depending on the season. PG&E has set up a page of tips for saving energy during the changing seasons and all year round. You may be surprised by some of the simple things you can do today to start saving energy in your home and lowering your bill.
- Schedule Appointments- If you have a pilot light go out, have a meter that isn’t functioning, or have another problem with your electricity it’s easy to schedule an appointment with PG&E right through your account. This could definitely save you money if something isn’t working correctly.
I’ve learned that it’s best to be proactive when it comes to saving money. Utilizing the resources in your PG&E account can help you save a lot of money on your energy bill. Why not check out your account today and see all the ways you can save?
Have you explored your PG&E online account yet? What is your favorite feature? Do you have any plans for saving electricity in your home this summer? I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!