This post is written by me on behalf of General Mills. All opinions are entirely my own. This shop has been compensated by Acorn Influence, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Oh how rough mornings can be! Can you relate?
I am not a morning person and there is nothing that can slow you right down like morning breakfasts. Especially when you have a family with a wide variety of tastes.
If you are looking for ways to speed up your morning a bit more, you’ve come to the right place. Today I’m sharing some very simple ways we speed up our breakfast routine!
10 Ways to Simplify Family Breakfasts
So, you’ve gotten everyone up and out of bed. You have all the clothes, school supplies, lunches packed. You’re off to a great start, but what about breakfast?
I can’t tell you how many days something got in the way of our more complex breakfast plan and we were scrambling to find something to grab out the door.
Here’s what I’ve been doing to make our breakfasts easier:
- Wake up on time– Wake up so you don’t have to rush through your breakfast. I hate feeling rushed and so do my kids. Even though I am not a morning person, it certainly helps me to wake up early.
- Early to bed– Going to bed early is just as important as waking up on time. I’m always much more prepared for breakfast time when I’ve had a good night’s rest.
- Have everything else ready– Have other things (clothes, backpacks, homework) ready to go, so you have more time to enjoy breakfast.
- Set a timer– Give your kids a time limit to get dressed and ready, so you can all be ready to eat breakfast together as a family.
- Stock up on items you love most- Make sure you are stocking up on enough breakfast food to last the week. This saves you time running back to the store. Our whole family loves Yoplait yogurt, so we try to keep our fridge stocked up for the school/work week.
- Keeping breakfast simple– You don’t have to make a huge breakfast every morning to be a good mom. Have the kids grab some yogurt and juice. So simple, yet filling and better for you.
- Prepare for the unexpected– There are going to be those days as a mom that no matter how hard you try the morning is rushed. Be prepared with simple items that you can just grab and take out the door.
- Keep different tastes in mind- Make sure you get a few things that can satisfy different tastes of your family members while not overcomplicating breakfast.
- Family fuel- When planning breakfasts I try to choose easy “better for you” options. I always want to make sure I’m feeding my family something that will keep them fueled for school and work. This makes it easier for them to get through the day.
- Eat Together- A perfectly scheduled out morning means we get to eat breakfast together as a family. This simplifies breakfast for me because I have that peace of mind that everyone ate and we are on schedule!
Like I mentioned Yoplait Yogurt is one of my favorite breakfast items to stock up on. There are so many different flavors to choose from to meet my family’s tastes. It is easy to grab in the morning with a cup of juice or milk and I feel like my kids and husband are off to a good start. I also love that you can take it on the go, I often throw one into my husband and son’s lunches because it is convenient.
This is a great “better for you” option for my family. One of the things I love most about getting Yoplait for my family breakfasts is that it’s full of calcium and gives you 20% of your daily calcium in one cup.
Yoplait is very easy to find at Walmart. They have big fridge packs with different flavors, which makes stocking up a breeze. We purchased the Strawberry and Peach flavor pack on our most recent trip.
How do you simplify breakfast time? What is your favorite flavor of Yoplait yogurt? I would love to hear from you in the comments below!