This post is sponsored by Smart & Final. All content is my own.
Whatever your age, holiday baking is a fun and special time. One of my favorites to make are Lemon Snow Bars. An easy and light recipe that looks so pretty and wintry with powdered sugar on top.
Holiday baking reminds me of special family moments with my grandmother baking all kinds of Christmas goodies to eat and to give as gifts.
Bars and cookies make perfect holiday gifts or party/potluck food because they look good and are really easy to stick into a pretty holiday container.
What will I need for holiday baking?
Make sure your pantry and refrigerator are stocked up with all the essentials you’ll need for holiday baking.
I love looking through cookbooks and old family recipes to make with my kids during the holidays.
It’s nice to have those ingredients on hand to bake until your hearts content.
We shop at our local Smart & Final to get great prices and club size baking essentials.
Their baking essentials come in bulk, so you won’t need to worry about running out or having enough through the holidays.
Here are some good holiday baking items to have on hand especially for cookies and bars:
- Chocolate Chips
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Brown Sugar
- Powdered Sugar
- Corn Syrup
- Cream Cheese
- Walnuts or Pecans
- Heavy Cream
- Rice Crispies
- Baking Chocolate
- Mini Marshmallows
Find your baking essentials in bulk at Smart & Final! Don’t forget you can order online for home delivery at most locations to save time.
How do you make the best Lemon Snow Bars?
Lemon Snow Bars are a very simple holiday recipe to make. These light bars are great for gift giving or taking to a holiday party. The powdered sugar on top makes them look so pretty, like snow!
Here’s what you need to make them!
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Powdered sugar to sprinkle on top
- In a medium bowl stir together 1 cup flour and 1/4 cup powdered sugar.
- Mix in cut up pieces of butter until the mixture is sticking together
- Pat down into an ungreased 8×8 baking pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes
- In a separate bowl mix together sugar and lemon juice until it looks more thick and smooth
- In a small bowl stir flour and baking powder together, then mix into egg mixture
- Mix at medium speed until combined
- Pour egg mixture over baked layer
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes
- Sift powdered sugar over the top
- Cool for 20-30 minutes before cutting into bars