This post was written in partnership with Zulily. All content is my own.
Are you a planner? As a budgeting mom, I like to have things planned out in advance… and with three kids it’s nice to know exactly when they will be needing new clothes, shoes, school supplies, swimwear, etc.
There are so many different milestones during the year where you’ll need to stock up on fresh clothes and supplies for your kids. Summer, fall, winter, and spring each bring a need to switch your child’s wardrobe for the weather or to get them ready for school, dance, or even sports.
But, when are the best times to start shopping? Read below to find out.
What should I consider when shopping for my kids?
When you realize it’s that time to start restocking your kids with clothes and essentials there are several things to consider.
- One stop shop– Shop somewhere you can get everything at a great deal in one place. I love @Zulily because I can get clothes for myself and my kids. They also have back-to-school essentials like backpacks, notebooks, and lunch bags… plus clothing for every season. We can even get swimwear for the whole family there with fun pool accessories.
- Affordability– With increasing prices this year it’s been harder to keep up with high costs of raising three kids. It’s nice to have an affordable place to shop like Zulily! They always have sales for my favorite brands not only for myself, but for my kids. I’ve found great sales at Zulily on Birkenstocks, Carters, Macy’s products, Honest and more!
- Efficiency– I’m a busy mom, so I really don’t have time to run around to a bunch of different stores to get what I need. Zulily has all of their items sorted into curated lists that make it easy to find things you need for your kids quickly. They do all the planning for you and display seasonal items you’ll need for yourself, your kids, and your home on their home page. Their shipping is fast and I don’t have to worry about fighting through crowds at the store to get what I need.
What shopping events should I plan for throughout the year?
Zulily has put a lot of research into the best times to shop for your kids, including what you might need to buy for them on a month by month basis.
I’ll break that down for you here, but make sure to visit their blog post HERE for even more information on when to shop for your kids and what to buy.
- January – Athletic apparel for the entire family! According to Zulily 29% of millennial moms buy athletic wear for their kids because that’s what they enjoy wearing most.
- February– Kids swimwear is trending up in February. It makes sense to me since things are already warming up here in Southern California! Zulily has the cutest swimwear and swim accessories for kids and adults.
- March– Kids suitcases and bags are popular for March when families are planning for spring break and summer travel.
- April– Time to start shopping for camping gear and clothes for the outdoors!
- May– Dance and gymnastics leotards are a great buy in May with the best prices and sales.
- June– It’s already time to start planning for Halloween and Zulily has the best deals on Halloween costumes for kids and accessories to celebrate this spooky holiday.
- July – Whether you are shopping for the holidays or finding new ways to keep your kids busy over the last months of summer vacation, July is the best month for finding great deals on toys. You might even be able to snatch toys that will be sold out by Christmas.
- August– Moms can find great deals on special occasion apparel during August. Zulily has a lot of options for kids clothing items that can be worn to church, weddings, or other milestone family celebrations.
- September– As the summer winds down it’s time to start shopping for kids coats and Zulily has lots of options here like; puffer coats, pea coats, windbreakers, and shell jackets.
- October– Shop for kids statement pieces in October to avoid the busiest times. As a mom with a fashionista daughter, expressing herself through statement pieces is so important. I like to let her help me with the shopping on Zulily to get those outfits she loves to show off in.
- November– November is a great time to shop for baby and nursery essentials. Get your nursery Instagram ready with good deals on trendy items from Zulily!
- December– Find good deals on bloomers for babies to toddlers at Zulily, getting ready for the warmer months ahead.
How does planning ahead help me?
Zulily reported in their study that 71% of moms are planners. Planning can really help when shopping for your kids. With a good yearly plan you will reduce shopping anxiety and stress while saving money in your budget.
By shopping online at Zulily you’ll avoid crowds and as a result have more time to spend at home with your kids and your family. It saves so much valuable time shopping online that you can really use as a mom for self care and spending quality time with the people you love most.