Happy Pi Day! I am excited to be partnered with Edwards pies today to share my piece offering with you all. For this post I really want to share some “piece” of mind with other moms!
Sometimes it’s easy to get into a routine or goal we are trying to achieve. It’s easy to deny ourselves things we want to reach the specific goals we want to accomplish.
Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with this. However, I do think that we as moms deserve to splurge on the things we love and want every so often.
Why All Moms Deserve to Splurge on Pie!
What is it that you want to splurge on?
For me, this week, the thing I wanted to splurge on most was a decadent piece of pie. I love pie, so much so that on my birthday I would rather have pie than cake.
So, I went out and bought myself that well deserved pie to share with my family. A little extra for mom though!
Why? Because I do deserve pie after working from home 40 hours per week and taking care of my kids 24 hours per day. (As a toddler mom, the job isn’t always over at 7pm) Not to mention the other 5 million jobs that come with being a wife and mother.
We as mother’s deserve to splurge on the things we want. Here are some very important reasons why:
- We gave birth (That in itself is an accomplishment that should be celebrated day-in day-out)
- We work day & night for our kids (Like I said motherhood doesn’t always end at bedtime)
- We work day & night for our kids even if we have jobs (Working mother or not, our parental duties don’t disappear)
- Everyone deserves a cheat day (Budgeting or dieting, everyone deserves a cheat day or personal allowance to do something for you)
- We only live once (Life is too short to always say no to splurging on things we want)
- We need to celebrate small accomplishments (Did you finish your laundry, get the house clean, work out daily, manage to stay sane during all-nighters with your baby? Celebrate it!)
- We need to feel special sometimes (I am always guilty of buying things for my kids before myself. Even if it’s things they don’t need. We can spoil ourselves sometimes because moms deserve to feel special too!)
These are many of the reasons why I choose not to feel guilty about splurging on a piece or two of pie!
I strongly encourage you to let it go sometimes and splurge on yourself a little. To me this is a really important thing for a mom’s mental health.
Since I am a stay at home mom and spend a lot of time at home, it definitely helps me to splurge on myself every so often. You don’t have to go crazy or spend a ton of money either, even something small as a slice of pie can help!
If it is pie you are craving too, might I suggest Edwards Pie! It is extremely tasty and you can find it in the freezer section of most grocery stores. My favorite flavor is definitely turtle, tastes like heaven!
What would you most like to splurge on? Have you tried Edwards pies? What is your favorite flavor?
I would love to hear from you in the comments below!
You Might Also Like: