Dogs love to eat and play! They are always looking for new food. As owners we love to spoil our dog friends and get them the best products, so it’s great that there are so many free dog samples and discounts that are easy to get.
Even if you have the best of pet care routines, your dog will still crave for new smells and tastes. Our Akita and Husky get bored of things and need new products and treats to keep their brains busy all the time.
There are many companies out there that offer free samples for your pup. Not only that, but some of these companies also offer samples available on a recurring basis (for example: monthly or quarterly).
Furthermore, some samples are free when you subscribe or purchase a certain number of items or services from the company; this makes it easy for you to test out their products without committing to anything right away.
Dog Food Brands That Provide Free Samples
We have compiled a list of some of the best dog food brands out there that offer free samples for your dog. These are the brands that offer free samples for all conditions, types, and flavors of dog foods.
Purina offers a free starter kit for new puppies and kittens. All you have to do is join their free club, which also let’s you earn points for more free dog food and other freebies for your dog.
There are a few requirements for joining including being a breeder or owning 5 or more dogs or cats.
Free Iams Dog Food Samples
Although Iams doesn’t offer free samples or a club on their site. They do have a section labeled free samples and coupons in their email form under reason for contacting.
It never hurts to ask if they have free samples or coupons for a dog food you’ve been wanting your dog to try. Especially since Iams focuses on quality ingredients for all stages of your dog’s life.
Create a profile for your dog and Ollie will recommend the ideal meal plan and you will receive 60% off First Box. That’s a portion of the food in your first box FREE.
- Introduce your pup – Tell us about your dog (age, weight, breed, allergies!)
- We design your plan – We customize your dog’s recipes based on their profile.
- We deliver the food – Your pup’s meals arrive on a flexible, regular schedule.
- Easy to serve – Use your feeding guide to give your dog their customized portion.
Free Nutro Dog Food Samples
Like Iams Nutro offers a free samples/coupons option when filling out their contact form. If you are interested in a Nutro brand dog food for your buddy simply reach out and ask if they have coupons or samples available.
Free Taste of the Wild Dog Food Samples
Taste of the Wild is actually the brand of dog food we use for our Akita and Husky. They are affordable without sacrificing high quality ingredients that are tested for safety.
I love that they offer grain free and ancient grains!
On their website Taste of the Wild claims they do offer free dog food samples by calling 1-800-342-4808 or asking your local pet retailer.
Dog Food Reward Programs
Free dog food samples don’t last forever. Luckily, these dog food reward programs will have you saving so much you will be getting free dog food in the long run!
- Chewy– Chewy already has some of the lowest prices, but with their autoship program you’ll save 35% on your first ship and 5% on each autoship thereafter.
- Petsmart– Petsmart offers lots of discounts and deals on their services for your new puppy. They also usually have coupon packs for dog food and other supply’s if you let them know about your new pup in store.
- Petco– Shop through the Petco app and get your 10th bag of dog food free.
Dog food brands that don’t offer free samples.
- Blue Buffalo – The company is dedicated to being a leader in the pet food industry by adhering to high standards of production, quality, and service. While they don’t have samples they do offer a 100% guarantee.
- Pedigree – Pedigree is a well known brand that’s been around for as long as I can remember. They stand by their commitment to nutrition and supporting shelter dogs.
- Orijen– ORIJEN helps cats and dogs thrive, fueling their day-to-day lives and keeping them healthy and strong.
- Science Diet – Hill’s Science Diet offers nutritious pet food that is backed by science.
- Royal Canin– No matter how big or small your dog is, Royal Canin has a right-sized diet, made with the precise amount of nutrients needed for every stage of their magnificent life.
- Natural Balance– Limited ingredients with the philosophy that “less is more”.
Other Dog Samples and Discounts
BarkBox is a subscription service for dog ‘parents’ who truly love to spoil their pups. Sign up & get a box of hand-selected dog toys, treats & products delivered to your door each month.
Every BarkBox has at least 2 innovative toys, 2 all-natural bags of treats, and a chew, curated from each month’s unique themed collection.
Current Bark Box Discounts
Get a free gift with your first BarkBox!
Join Rakuten (formerly Ebates) for cash back on your pet purchases online. You get $30 cash back when you join and spend $30 through Rakuten.
This is a great way to add up cash back for free dog food and other pet supplies. It works with popular stores like Petsmart, Petco, Target, Walmart, and Rover.
Join the Petsmart Treats program to earn free treats on your dog’s birthday as well as other awesome pet perks.
Join Blue Buffalo Buddies loyalty program to earn points for free food, treats, toys, and gear for your dog! Joining is super easy and their swag is so cute.
More Ways to Get Free Dog Stuff
These are all great ways to get free things for your dog, but there are more ideas to find free and cheap dog items locally or online.
- One way to find free dog-related items locally is through online classifieds websites such as Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace. These sites allow individuals to post items they no longer need or want, including dog beds, food bowls, collars, and leashes.
- Another option is to check with local animal shelters or rescue organizations, as they may have free or low-cost items available.
- Some community groups or Facebook groups may host “freecycling” events where people can give away or trade items they no longer need, including dog-related items.
- Asking friends and family members if they have any dog-related items they no longer need or want may also yield some results.
- Emailing dog brands you like and want to try to see if they have samples or coupons never hurts. Many dog food companies have this option on their “contact me” page.
Related Free Sample Posts
Looking for freebies? Try out these free sample lists we’ve put together for our readers.
- Free Baby Stuff – Get everything you need for your new baby free including diapers, wipes, bottles, and even a high quality breast pump.
- Free Stuff for Pregnant Moms – Find out what pregnant moms can get free to support during pregnancy and postpartum.
- Free Samples By Mail – Looking for free household items, subscriptions, trials, and discounts. Check out our Ultimate list of samples that’s updated often.