This post is sponsored by Amwell. All content is my own.
Taking your kids to the urgent care can be stressful and difficult. It’s good to know urgent care hacks to make urgent care as quick and easy as possible for all involved.
Doctor’s appointments are always hard to fit in with the hectic life of a busy mom. Not to mention the desire to keep kids away from whatever illnesses they might catch in the waiting room.
We have 3 kids and home school, so if one of us goes to the doctor we all have to go and be exposed to whatever is there.
Since we homeschool, we love taking the kids to the zoo, park, and museum to get some activity and learning in outside of our home.
But, if there is a bad flu going around or one of my 3 kids get sick it’s impossible to get our outdoor time in.
A few weeks ago our daughter was having horrible allergies. I knew we couldn’t do anything that week without a stronger medication.
We were very busy and couldn’t make it to the doctor. So, it was great to have AmWell for a tele Urgent Care visit!
If we didn’t have an urgent care that could see the kids quickly with our busy schedule it would be difficult to do our outdoor activities.
When should kids go to urgent care?
Urgent Care appointments are great for times when your kids are coming down with something that’s not too urgent, but needs to be treated.
Examples include headaches, allergies, cough, soar throat, etc.
What are the best urgent care tips for families?
The urgent care hacks below are great for families, especially busy on the go moms like myself!
- Use the Amwell app to visit the urgent care with your kids at home or on the go
- Accept help from family or friends to pick up your prescription after your Amwell visit
- Use the doctor advice and prescription from your Amwell visit to care for your child at home
- Enjoy your vacation, soccer game, or day at the park because you were able to get treatment sooner
- Use the Amwell app for any follow up appointments to save a trip to the doctor
- Click Here and use code: Amwell for 25% off your Urgent Care Visit!
What are the benefits of seeing an online doctor?
A virtual appointment with a real doctor, a prescription sent to our pharmacy, and no waiting room? Yes Please!!!
The doctor that met us for our child’s allergies. I was able to talk to him face to face with all my kids in the comfort of our own home.
We didn’t even have to worry about our little kids picking up any unwanted illnesses from an urgent care waiting room.
You’ll be surprised at how normal an Amwell doctor appointment is. It feels like a real doctor appointment, only more comfortable because your sick child can stay at home in their pajamas.
Here’s how it works:
- Download the Amwell app
- Choose the medical or urgent care option for your visit
- Talk to a real doctor face to face
- They give advice and send any needed prescriptions to your pharmacy
Amwell even takes several different insurance plans!
* The coupon code for 25% off a $69 urgent care visit for you readers is: Amwell25 —> Follow this link to start your discounted doctor visit
Compensation was provided by Amwell via Momtrends. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of Amwell or Momtrends.