We received complimentary passes to Six Flags Hurricane Harbor in exchange for our honest review of the park.
When I review all our past trips to Six Flags Hurricane Harbor it always comes out on top as one of my favorite family water parks.
Hurricane Harbor is located in Valencia, CA with beautiful views of the mountains and a nice big park that’s perfect for families with kids of all ages.
What can I take to Hurricane Harbor?
There are a lot of things you can and should bring into the Hurricane Harbor park along with some restrictions of things you cannot bring.
Most of the items you should bring they sell in the gift shop within the park. However, it may be at an increased price.
What families should bring into the park:
- Swim diapers
- Waterproof phone protector
- Change of dry clothing
- Sandals or Swim Shoes (During the summer the sidewalk in the park can get very hot, you will have to wear shoes to get from point A to point B)
- Water Bottles
- life jacket or floats for infants-young swimmers
What you can’t bring into the park:
- Selfie Sticks
- Go-Pros or large cameras
- inner tubes
- ice chests or coolers
You can find the full list of acceptable and prohibited items here.
Tips for Family Fun at Hurricane Harbor
Your family will have tons of fun at Hurricane Harbor, no doubt. But, there are definitely some tips to keep in mind before you leave.
- Check the weather before you leave. It can get very hot, so you’ll want to stay hydrated and wear lots of sunscreen.
- Take in the beautiful views. At the top of the water slides you can see beautiful views of the mountains and roller coasters at Six Flags Magic Mountain.
- Wear sandals or water shoes. Trust me when I say the ground gets very hot in Hurricane Harbor. We just carry our sandals around with us and use water shoes for the kids.
It might feel fine when you get out of the water, but be prepared for burning hot feet if you don’t have shoes! 😅
- Take advantage of the parking lot shuttle. It’s a long walk to the entrance of the park from the back of the parking lot. Either arrive early for good parking or take advantage of the shuttle to get to the entrance.
- Beat the crowds by taking advantage of a season pass so you can visit during the morning hours or mid-week.
- Save money by eating a large filling breakfast before you leave. Use the season pass for saving on frequent visits.
- Take it slow with babies and toddlers. Make sure they have sunscreen on and are drinking enough water during the day.
There are slides for toddlers in Castaway Cove and some that you can go down too. This is the perfect spot to spend the day with little ones at Hurricane Harbor.
- If you have older kids with you make sure to check out the family rides. Our favorites are the Tornado and the Lost Temple Rapids!
Get tickets or season passes to Six Flags Hurricane Harbor before you go!
Leave a Reply