Mom is tired! Babies, toddlers, sleepwalking kids, adhd, teething, constipation, reflux, cold & flu season, a puppy who needs to go outside every 2 hours.
There are so many reasons why you may have zero energy as a mom.
…and let’s face it, sleeplessness doesn’t end after the newborn stage and Dad is not always there for us in the wee hours of the night.
As a mom of 3 I’ve lost sleep to almost every one of these things.
Read on as we dive into the world of tired mom quotes to empower and inspire you on your journey through motherhood. From funny quotes to help you laugh through the fatigue, to empowering words of wisdom, these 50 tired mom quotes will remind you that you’re not alone in your struggles.
Why are moms always tired?
A study from the Sleep Research Society found that moms experience sleep disruption until 6 years postpartum.
New moms don’t regain the sleep they had until their child is 6 years old. AND if you have multiple children, well, it could be even longer than that.
Mom fatigue is a very real and common experience for mothers. It can manifest in various ways, including physical exhaustion, mental burnout, and emotional overwhelm. With so many responsibilities and pressures, it’s no wonder that moms often feel worn out.
- “I’m not a morning person, nor a night person. I’m a tired mom person.” – Unknown
- “Being a mom means never having a full night’s sleep ever again.” – Unknown
- “There’s no tired like mom tired.” – Unknown
Such a good reminder that mom fatigue really is a universal experience that we all share. I know for me , just knowing that others are going through the same challenges can make us feel stronger and more empowered to face the day.
Empowering Quotes for Tired Moms
As tired moms, it’s important to remember that we possess incredible strength and resilience. These empowering quotes remind us that we are doing our best and that it’s okay to feel tired and overwhelmed at times.
- “You are enough, even when you feel like you’re not doing enough.” – Unknown
- “You are a warrior, and this too shall pass.” – Unknown
- “You may be tired, but you’re also strong, brave, and amazing.” – Unknown
Sometimes, it’s helpful to remind ourselves that we are doing our best, and that it’s okay to feel tired and overwhelmed at times. These empowering quotes are a gentle reminder that you are enough, even when you feel like you’re not doing enough.
Funny Tired Mom Quotes for a Laugh
Laughter is a powerful way to cope with stress and fatigue, and sometimes, a funny tired mom quote is just what we need to lighten the mood and help us find the humor in our daily struggles.
- “I’m just a mom, standing in front of her kids, asking them to go the heck to sleep.” – Unknown
- “My favorite childhood memory is not having to spend 45 minutes saying goodbye to everyone.” – Unknown
- “Coffee: because adulting is hard and parenting is harder.” – Unknown
These funny tired mom quotes remind us that it’s important to find joy and humor in the midst of our exhaustion. Laughter can help us cope with the challenges of motherhood and remind us that we’re not alone in our struggles.
Inspirational Quotes to Uplift Exhausted Moms
When we’re feeling tired and overwhelmed, it can be helpful to turn to inspirational quotes that remind us of our purpose and the importance of the journey we’re on. These uplifting words can help to re-energize us and remind us of the incredible impact we have as mothers.
- “The days are long, but the years are short.” – Gretchen Rubin
- “Behind every great kid is a great mom who’s pretty sure she’s screwing it all up.” – Unknown
- “To the world, you are a mother, but to your family, you are the world.” – Unknown
Inspirational quotes like these can help to remind us that, even when we feel tired and overwhelmed, we are making a difference in the lives of our children and our families. By focusing on the bigger picture, we can find renewed strength and motivation to keep going.
Quotes About Motherhood and Strength
Motherhood is a journey that requires immense strength, resilience, and courage. These quotes about motherhood and strength serve as a powerful reminder of the incredible strength that lies within each and every mom.
- “A mother’s love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.” – Marion C. Garretty
- “Motherhood is the ultimate test of strength and endurance.” – Unknown
- “There is no force more powerful than a mother determined to rise.” – Unknown
These quotes remind us that we are strong, capable, and determined to overcome any challenge that comes our way. By tapping into our inner strength, we can continue to be the amazing mothers that we are, even when we feel tired and overwhelmed.
Tired Mom Quotes from Famous Moms
It’s always comforting to know that even famous moms experience the same struggles and challenges that we do. These tired mom quotes from well-known mothers remind us that we are not alone in our journey and that it’s okay to feel exhausted at times.
- “I always say if you aren’t yelling at your kids, you’re not spending enough time with them.” – Reese Witherspoon
- “I think every working mom probably feels the same thing: You go through big chunks of time where you’re just thinking, ‘This is impossible — oh, this is impossible.’ And then you just keep going and keep going, and you sort of do the impossible.” – Tina Fey
- “There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” – Jill Churchill
- “You don’t ever balance it completely. [Motherhood] is a constant struggle of a little more time there, a little more time here, and feeling a little bit guilty all the time.” – Halle Berry
- “You have those moments: exhaustion, the stress of having an exuberant child, and you don’t want to be judged by your worst mistakes. It’s a part of life, and it’s a part of what makes us who we are.” – Viola Davis
These quotes from famous moms remind us that, even in the midst of our exhaustion, we are still incredible mothers who are doing our best for our children.
Quotes on Self-Care for Tired Moms
It’s important for moms to prioritize self-care and find moments of rest and rejuvenation. These quotes on self-care serve as a reminder that it’s not selfish to take care of ourselves, and in fact, it’s essential for our well-being and our ability to be the best mothers we can be.
- “Taking care of yourself is part of taking care of your kids.” – Unknown
- “You can’t pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first.” – Unknown
- “Rest and self-care are so important. When you take time to replenish your spirit, it allows you to serve others from the overflow. You cannot serve from an empty vessel.” – Eleanor Brown
By prioritizing self-care and finding moments of rest, we can recharge our batteries and return to our families with renewed energy and vitality.
Tips for Coping with Mom Fatigue
While it’s normal to feel tired and overwhelmed as a mom, there are some practical tips that can help us cope with the fatigue and find moments of rest and rejuvenation. Here are a few tips to help you manage mom fatigue:
- Prioritize sleep– Make sure to get enough rest each night to restore your energy and combat fatigue. If you have a baby read these baby sleep tips, but most importantly sleep when baby does and let people help you for nap times.
- Ask for help– Don’t be afraid to ask for help from family, friends, or a babysitter to give yourself a break.
- Practice self-care– Whether it’s taking a bubble bath, reading a book, or going for a walk, make time for activities that bring you joy and rejuvenate your spirit.
- Set boundaries– Learn to say no to activities or commitments that drain your energy and leave you feeling exhausted.
- Practice mindfulness- Incorporate mindfulness practices like meditation or deep breathing exercises into your daily routine to reduce stress and anxiety.
I recently started therapy, got diagnosed with ADHD, and started doing daily yoga with my husband. These three things alone make a world of difference in my life. Best of all, I notice that when I’m taking care of myself I have more energy for the kids.
Conclusion and Final Thoughts on Embracing the Fatigue
Being a mom is a rewarding and fulfilling journey, but it can also be exhausting and overwhelming at times.
I’ve been through so many trials with babies, mental health issues, kids with special needs, and chronic illness through my 15 years as a mom.
Tired mom quotes serve as a reminder that we are not alone in our struggles and that it’s okay to feel tired and overwhelmed at times.
By embracing the fatigue and finding moments of rest and rejuvenation, we can continue to be the amazing moms that we are, even in the midst of our exhaustion.
So the next time you’re feeling tired and overwhelmed, remember these tired mom quotes and take some time for self-care and rest. You are doing an incredible job, and you deserve to give yourself the grace and compassion that you give to your children every day.