Parenting message boards are a valuable resource for moms, providing a space for them to connect with other moms to discuss the pros and cons of parenting and share information, advice, and support.
These online communities offer many benefits, including:
- Access to a wealth of information and resources on parenting topics, from pregnancy and childbirth to child development and behavior.
- A sense of community and belonging, as parents can connect with others who are going through similar experiences.
- Support and encouragement from other parents, who can provide advice and share their own experiences.
- A platform for parents to share their own knowledge and expertise, helping others in the community.
- A space to vent and share frustrations, which can help parents feel less alone and more understood.
- A place to get unbiased and non-judgmental advice, as compared to family and friends who may have their own personal bias.
I myself have had late nights searching parenting message boards for advice on sleepless babies, budgeting, and parenting advice.
Overall, parenting message boards offer a supportive and informative community for moms, providing them with the resources, support, and encouragement they need to navigate the challenges of motherhood.
What are some of the best parenting message boards and forums?
- BabyCenter– BabyCenter is a popular baby site with a wealth of information including their own parenting forum. Topics include parenting, baby, fertility, kids health, adoption, and grief and loss to name a few.
- What to Expect – What to Expect has a great parenting forum for new moms and moms to be. Some of the topics include labor and delivery, postpartum recovery, baby’s first words, and baby showers.
- Reddit Parenting– Reddit has a parenting thread meant as a support system for parents looking for advice or wanting a listening ear about all things raising kids.
- The Bump– The Bump message boards are a popular online community for expecting parents and new parents. These message boards provide a space for parents to connect with others who are going through similar experiences, share information, and offer support and advice. The Bump message boards cover a wide range of parenting topics, including pregnancy, childbirth, baby names, parenting styles, and more.
- Peanut App-Peanut is an app that acts a social network for moms and expecting moms. Meet and connect with other moms to share support and advice through the app.
- La Leche League Support Group– This group is on Facebook unlike many of the forums listed hear. But, I thought it was worth a mention because the La Leche League provides valuable support to new breastfeeding moms in this groups and there is a wealth of experience from breastfeeding moms who’ve been there in the group as well.
- Breaking Mom Reddit– A safe place for moms to chat and share without judgement.
- Mothering– The Mothering message boards are a resourceful and active community of parents who come together to discuss various parenting topics, share their experiences and offer support to one another. The boards cover a wide range of topics, including natural parenting, attachment parenting, home schooling and more, and provide a platform for parents to exchange information and ideas on these topics.
- Momtastic– The Momtastic forum is a great post for expecting moms to find advice and support.
- Gamewell Parenting Discord– Gamewell Discord is a unique community for parents with the goal of educating parents on healthy and unhealthy gaming and how to connect with your kids through gaming. Since most kids do play video games I think this is such a positive way to learn more about what your kids are doing and how to navigate a healthy gaming plan for your kids.
- Mindful Families– Mindful Families offers a community for parents to discuss and participate in meditations and mindfulness excercises.
- Ma’s and Pa’s Parenting Chats-Parenting chat groups on all subjects from childbirth to single parenting.
- Neighborhood Parents Network Forum– This forum is specific to Chicago area parents. It covers parenting advice and also advice for things to do in the area or where to find a good school.
- BabyBumps Reddit– A support group for pregnant moms and moms planning pregnancy.
- Momsview– A moderated message board for moms to connect with other moms.
- Urbanmoms – A parenting forum dedicated to providing support and advice to Washington area parents.
- MOPS– A membership site to find other moms to connect with online or in your community.
- Momsmeet– A free membership site that gives you access to a community mom forum and free samples.
- Momsclub– Okay, so Moms Club isn’t exactly a forum, however it is a great resource for moms to find local Moms Club groups for support and organized kids activities.
- Postpartum Support International– Postpartum Support International is not a message board however they do offer a free postpartum chat with an expert for support on all things postpartum.
- NetMums– Netmums is a UK based parenting community that provides a forum for parents to discuss a wide range of parenting topics, connect with other parents, and share advice and support. The forum is divided into different sections, such as pregnancy, baby, and child, allowing users to easily navigate and find the information they need.
The Best Christian Parenting Message Boards and Forums
Sometimes it’s nice to have a likeminded group of moms out there. There really are chat groups for every religion if you search for it, here are a few popular Christian message boards.
- ChristianForums.com– A message board dedicated to Christian Parents to share advice and support.
- What to Expect (Christian Parents)– What to expect has a thread dedicated to Christian parents too!
- ChristianForums.net – A place where Christian Parents can share advice and support on parenting and marriage.
- Christian Forum Site– Moderated Christian Forum with resource threads for families and parents.
- Christian Chat– An online forum with discussions on family encouragement.
- Gentle Christian Mothers- This forum is for Christian mothers to offer support and give advice to one another.
The Best Single Mom Parenting Message Boards and Forums
My mom was single and I saw her struggle to raise us kids without the support she needed, but she did it! I thought I’d add a list of single mom support groups for those mamas.
- Ma’s and Pa’s Single Moms Chat Group
- What to Expect (Single Moms)
- Mothering (Single Parenting)
- First Time Single Moms (BabyCenter)