What are your baking plans this year?
This has been a rough holidays for me in the third trimester of my pregnancy.
But, that hasn’t stopped me from baking up some delicious holiday goodies for my family.
Every year we usually like to experiment with new recipes and make old favorites.
It’s always so much fun to get my husband and kids in the kitchen to help me cook and seeing how much they love the finished product!
How do you make the best Cherry Chocolate Dump Cake?
One thing I love even more than pie has to be cobbler. I think it’s because you can have it hot with a big scoop of ice cream, which makes it even more yummy!
Last week I decided to try a cherry cobbler dump cake fashion. It makes it so much easier and since I’m pregnant easy is a good thing!
Here is the recipe for my Chocolaty Cherry Cobbler Dump Cake:
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 2 Cans of Cherry Pie Filling (21 oz)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 box angle food cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 stick of butter
Here’s What to do:
- Prepare a 13×9 baking dish with cooking spray and preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Pour the cherry pie filling on the bottom of baking dish and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and sugar evenly over the pie filling.
- Add a even layer of angel food cake mix on top covering the other layers.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans across the top.
- Slice butter and arrange on top of the dry cake mix and pecans.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serve hot with a big scoop of ice cream!
I’m already craving this cobbler again! Good thing the holidays aren’t over yet.
What is your favorite kind of cobbler? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!
More posts you might like: